Welcome to GivingMatters.com, a powerful online resource created to inform, empower, and enrich charitable giving in Middle Tennessee!
Over a decade ago, community leaders saw a need for an inventory of community needs and resources. While donors were inundated with requests for contributions, they weren’t always confident about how their philanthropic dollars were being put to use. Local philanthropists envisioned a tool that would empower givers to understand the needs of the local nonprofit community, and to feel confident in their philanthropic investments.
In 2004, this took the shape of GivingMatters.com, a tool for nonprofits, donors, and funders to research local issues and the nonprofits serving those issues. Today, GivingMatters.com hosts over 1,500 profiles of Middle Tennessee nonprofits which contain detailed information on organizations’ history, programs, governance, and finances – all FREE to both nonprofits and users!
GivingMatters.com furthers The Community Foundation’s work of “connecting generosity with need” by raising the level of local nonprofit transparency, making comprehensive information available to the public in a searchable database, and identifying emerging needs.
On GivingMatters.com, you can:
- FIND detailed programmatic, operational, and financial information on more than 1,500 local nonprofits
- LEARN about issues facing Middle Tennessee communities
- GIVE directly to the nonprofit(s) of your choice with a secure online donation
How does it work?
- Search for a nonprofit profile by name, keyword, service area, or geographical area to read about their history, programs, staff, board, and achievements.
- Read Issue Overviews about causes that interest you, and to find local nonprofits addressing those issues.
- Create a free User Account to save information on your favorite organizations and areas of interest.
- Make a secure gift through the GivingMatters.com online donation system.
- Learn about volunteer opportunities and other ways to help.
- Find up-to-the-minute news about local nonprofit events, needs, and opportunities through GivingMatters.com Facebook and Twitter.
Where do I start?
- Visit www.GivingMatters.com to access nonprofit profiles and community Issue Overviews, or to create a free User Account.
- If your nonprofit would like to be profiled on GivingMatters.com, learn more here.
- If you are a donor advisor or part of a foundation or grant-making program and would like to learn more about using GivingMatters.com in your work, contact the GivingMatters.com staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.