The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee exists to promote and facilitate philanthropy and to enrich the quality of life in Middle Tennessee. The Community Foundation is made up of hundreds of charitable Funds.
There are many ways to give.
- Make a secure online gift to any of over 1,400 Middle Tennessee nonprofits through GivingMatters.com, an initiative of The Community Foundation. Need to update your payment information for recurring gifts? Do so here.
- You can give any amount to any of the hundreds of established Funds supporting causes from hunger and homelessness to education, arts, health and human services and beyond. Learn about these Funds and make a gift at www.cfmt.org.
- Or, you can establish a Fund supporting the causes and organizations about which you care most. It’s simple. To learn more about how you may elect to start your Fund, visit http://www.cfmt.org/give/.
Types of Funds Available Through The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee:
- Unrestricted Impact Funds provide the greatest flexibility in responding to the community’s changing needs. Donors place no restriction on how such Funds may be used, allowing The Foundation to address the community’s most pressing needs as they emerge and evolve.
- Field-of-Interest Funds allow donors to support broad areas of concern, such as education, the arts, youth services or the disabled. The Foundation then makes grants to programs or organizations that work in the Fund’s defined area of interest.
- Designated Funds are established by a donor to benefit one or more of the donor’s favorite charities. Grants are distributed annually to the designated recipients from the proceeds of the Fund. If any of the designated organizations cease to operate, The Foundation will see that the Fund continues the donor’s charitable objectives.
- Agency Endowment Funds provide nonprofit organizations with a means of protecting charitable dollars for the future of their work and their mission. These Funds are established by a nonprofit agency, and anyone can add to the Fund at any time.
- Scholarship Funds enable students to pursue academic goals and can be established by companies, organizations, families, and individuals, like other Funds. These funds may have broad criteria or be designed to address students of a certain school, a certain neighborhood, and/or those undertaking certain fields of study.
- Donor-Advised Funds allow donors to actively participate in the giving process by suggesting charitable organizations to receive grants. Gifts are tax-deductible at the time they are made to The Foundation, even though distributions are made over years.