Thank you for your interest in profiling your nonprofit organization on GivingMatters.com!
Before submitting a request, please note that GivingMatters.com is an online self-entry process. A GivingMatters.com staff member will review your request. When all necessary documents are received, GivingMatters.com will initiate your profile, and you will be issued a username and password via email, along with instructions to begin building your nonprofit profile.
GivingMatters.com staff members are available to support you throughout this process. We require that an organization complete a profile
within 4 weeks
of receiving a request. Since a profile takes about 4-12 hours of your staff time to complete, please submit your request when you have this time available. Once a profile is created, information and financial documents may be updated as often as desired,
with a minimum of once a year.
*Please note that while a current GivingMatters.com profile is a requirement for many funding opportunities, the profile does not replace any grant applications. To be eligible for funding opportunities, organizations must still complete all other grant application requirements.*
Organizations profiled on GivingMatters.com must meet the following criteria:
- Nonprofit organizations with IRS 501(c)(3) status.
- Reside in or serve the Middle Tennessee area.
- Churches, public schools, and governmental organizations are not eligible to be profiled, although PTO organizations, fundraising bodies, and some programs operated through churches are eligible. If you are unsure about your organization's eligibility, please contact us.
To request a new profile, please download, complete and return the Profile Request Form and the Profile Acknowledgement Form, along with each required document listed below, via email, fax, or post to Laurel Fisher (lfisher[at]cfmt.org). In lieu of the Profile Request Form, you may, alternatively, send an email to lfisher[at]cfmt.org including the following information. Note that you must still sign and return the Profile Acknowledgement Form before your profile can be initiated.
- Organization Name (as appears on your IRS Determination Letter):
- Organization Physical Address AND Mailing Address:
- Organization Phone:
- Organization Fax:
- Web Site:
- Facebook and Twitter links, if applicable:
- Executive Director’s Name:
- Executive Director’s Email:
- Year of Incorporation:
- Federal Employer Identification Number/Federal Tax Identification Number:
- Mission Statement:
- Contact Person for Completion of Profile:
- Contact Person’s Phone and Email:
- Facebook and Twitter information for your organization, if applicable:
- IRS 501 (c) (3) letter of nonprofit determination
- TN State Charitable Solicitations Permit If you have questions about this permit, contact the state at 615-741-2555 or www.tennessee.gov/sos/charity
- Bylaws These will NOT be published to your GivingMatters.com profile, but are for verification purposes only.
- Current Organizational Budget
- Form 990, 990EZ, or 990N/ePostcard from agency's 3 most recent fiscal years. If these documents are unavailable, please indicate the reason.
If documents are not available electronically, they may be faxed or mailed to:
GivingMatters.com c/o The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee
Attention: Laurel Fisher
3833 Cleghorn Ave #400
Nashville , TN37215-2519
Fax: (615) 327-2746